Black Cumin Seed Oil is also known as “Kalonji tel” in India. It is a very popular oil in the Indian subcontinent for its numerous benefits. Recently it is also being used as Onion oil for hair care and hair massage. It may help in hair growth and reduces hair fall. In Ayurveda, it is regarded as a medicine for eczema and psoriasis.
Some of the companies market this as onion oil or onion seed oil. This is technically wrong. This oil is extract of cumin or black seed oil which is relative to the onion plant. However, it has a similar chemical composition which makes it excellent hair oil.
|Botanical Name||Nigella sativa|
|Extraction Method||Cold Pressed|
Health benefits of Black Seed Oil:
- Research shows that regular massage with this oil can provide relief from Eczema.
- Adding it to facial oil or cream will enhance its ability to fight acne.
- In recent times it is used as Onion oil for hair care, as it makes hair soft and smooth.
How to use Black Cumin Seed Oil:
- Massage on hair roots gently. Keep it for at least half an hour before washing it with natural soap.
- You can mix it with essential oils for body massage.
- During pregnancy, consult your physician before using it.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.